D1367. Polychrome Armorial Plate
Delft, circa 1760
The center painted in shades of blue and in white, iron-red, green and ochre with the coat of arms and dragon-head crest of Sir Whistler Webster, 2nd Baronet of Battle Abbey, Co. Sussex, and the rim with a border of five trellis diaper-patterned panels edged in scrolls and alternating with five baskets of flowers between leaf-scroll devices within a brown edge.
Marked D/12 in blue possibly for Jan Teunis Dextra, the owner of De Grieksche A (The Greek A) Factory from 1757 to 1765
22.6 cm. (8.9 in.)
Out of stock
The arms and crest are those of Webster, Baronets of Battle Abbey, Co. Sussex, whose baronetcy was created in 1703, but became extinct in 1923. From the date of this plate, it must have been made for Sir Whistler Webster, the 2nd Baronet and Member of Parliament for East Grinstead. Find out more on the coat of arms.
- One shallow abrasion of 8 mm. to the rim
- Overall in good condition
Delivered in its custom box
Plate hanger and stand included
|Dimensions||35 × 35 × 10 cm|