D2069. Blue and White Plate
Delft, circa 1740
Painted with a hatchwork border, reserved with five floral panels, the inner border inscribed with the letters G, W, and S, the center image with two men holding a blacksmith hammer while forging a piece of metal amidst a smithy.
Marked AIK 3 2 in blue for Jacob van der Kool, the owner of De Grieksche A (The Greek A) factory from 1722 until 1758, or his widow Cornelia van Willigen.
22 cm. (8.8 in.)