D2016. Polychrome Jug and Cover with Metal Mount
Delft, circa 1710
Marked NOM 7 PAK in iron-red for Pieter Adriaensz. Kocx, owner of De Grieksche A (The Greek A) factory from 1701 to 1703, or his widow Johanna van der Heul from 1703 until 1722
Painted in blue and iron red on the molded lower body with gadroons, the midsection with a wide floral and foliate border below four floral sprigs alternated by three flitting insects, and the cylindrical neck with a floral patterned ruyi-head and scroll border, the loop handle with a foliate vine affixed with a metal mount to the molded cover with a blossom above a petal and hatchwork border around the rim interrupted by a ruyi-head on the spout extension.
Height: 24.3 cm. (9.6 in.)
The Anton F. Philips (1874-1951) Collection, Eindhoven, and thence by family descent