[popup_trigger id=”13756″ tag=”span”][/popup_trigger]
Images on this website are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
D2015. Polychrome Jug and Cover with Metal Mount
Delft, circa 1710
Marked NOM 7 PAK in iron-red for Pieter Adriaensz. Kocx, owner of De Grieksche A (The Greek A) factory from 1701 to 1703, or his widow Johanna van der Heul from 1703 until 1722
Painted in blue and iron-red on the front and reverse, the lower body painted with a garden urn filled with flowers on a pedestal of s-scrolls, above a floral and foliate border with two large floral patterned ruyi-heads, the neck with a wide border of floral lambrequins, scrolls and floral pattered ruyi-heads, the loop handle with scale-work affixed with a metal mount to the cover with flowering branches above a petal and hatchwork border around the rim interrupted by a ruyi-head on the spout extension.
Height: 23.2 cm. (9.1 in.)
The Anton F. Philips (1874-1951) Collection, Eindhoven, and thence by family descent