D1988. Pair of Blue and White Plates
Delft, circa 1690
Marked AK for Adrianus Kocx, the owner of De Grieksche A (The Greek A) Factory from 1687 until 1701
Each painted with five clusters of floral and fruiting sprays surrounded by smaller sprigs, the scalloped rim with a wide border of six ruyi-heads surmounted by a leaf motif, alternated by roundels of beribboned Chinese symbols flanked by stylized foliage.
Diameter: 25.9 cm. (10 13/65 in.)