D9007. Blue and White Compartmented Sweetmeat Dish
Delft, circa 1690
Marked AK in blue for Adrianus Kocx, the owner of De Grieksche A (The Greek A) factory from 1686 to 1701
The central circular well with a blue ground reserved with two stylized peony blossoms amidst scrolling foliage encircled by a border of trefoils and zigzags on the upper edge, and surrounded by four fan-shaped compartments painted alternately with a peacock or a tiger amidst flowering shrubbery, all within ruyi-head, floral and foliate borders on the upper edge of the dividers and octafoil rim.
25.4 cm. (10 in.)