D1551. Polychrome Armorial Charger
Delft, circa 1760
Marked D/12 in blue possibly for Jan Teunis Dextra, the owner of De Grieksche A (The Greek A) Factory from 1757 to 1765
The center painted in shades of blue and in white, iron-red, green and ochre with the coat of arms and dragon-head crest of Sir Whistler Webster, 2nd Baronet of Battle Abbey, Co. Sussex, and the rim with a border of five trellis diaper-patterned panels edged in scrolls and alternating with five baskets of flowers between leaf-scroll devices within a brown edge.
Diameter: 44 cm. (17 5/16 in.)