D9004. Pair of Blue and White Plates
Delft, circa 1685
Both marked LC in blue for Lambertus Cleffius, the owner of De Metale Pot (The Metal Pot) factory from 1679 to 1691
Each painted with a bird flying toward another perched on the leafy extension of a flowering branch, the broad rim with four floral medallions issuing foliate scrolls and alternating with smaller circlet and scroll devices.
Diameters: 25.3 and 25 cm. (10 and 9 7/8 in.)